Parent Support Suggestions
- If possible, enroll your child in private lessons for individual development and mastery of their instrument. Individual instruction is the best method in becoming an outstanding musician. Many people around the area and at the local universities are available for lessons. The director can help you find a teacher. Check the band website for a list of private teachers in the area. All CHS band members are highly encouraged to take private lessons!
- Provide a practice space that is uncluttered and secluded from possible interruption and help your child schedule practice time each day. Take the time to listen to your child’s playing. It is a great way to show support and gives them someone to play for.
- Purchase or share CD’s of musicians’ that are role models on the instrument your child plays.
- Bring your child to a professional concert preferably one that features the instrument your child plays.
- Provide performance opportunities outside of school such as at church, youth group, or family get-togethers.
- Help your child participate in outside music groups with the input of the music department.
- Be a part of the band boosters program at CHS.